What P.T. is working on during the election:
Monday, October 16 – Time to Vote! Social at the Boathouse Cantina, with music by The Riff
- Ballots go out in the mail on Monday, October 16 for the Salida Mayoral and City Council elections, which means it’s time to vote! Join us for a social event at the Boathouse Cantina with live music from The Riff in celebration of local politics, voting, and the Wood for Mayor campaign. Bring your friends, and encourage them to vote! 7 – 9pm.
Tuesday, October 17 – Robert’s Rules of Order Parliamentarian Meeting
- P.T. will meet with a parliamentarian in Canon City to discuss and learn more about Robert’s Rules of Order, for running effective, efficient, and respectful meetings.
Wednesday, October 18 – Sunrise Rotary Meeting
- Sunrise Rotary weekly meeting at The Bounty from 7:30 – 8:30am.
Wednesday, October 18 – Mountain Mail Candidate Forum
- The Mountain Mail will host a Candidate Form for Mayoral and City Council candidates. Forum will take place in the council chambers of the Touber Building (448 E 1st Street) from 6:30 – 8:30pm.
Thursday, October 19 – Salida Business Alliance
- Meeting with the Salida Business Alliance at the Salida Community Center from 8 – 9am.
Friday, October 20 – Candidate Forum
- P.T will attend a candidate forum, hosted by Sandy Farrell, from 6 – 7pm at the Salida Community Center.
Articles and Media about the Wood for Mayor Campaign:
2017 Local Election Series, hosted by KHEN
- P.T. has spoken with local radio station KHEN multiple times as part of their 2017 Local Election Series. Click here to listen to these conversations.
Salida Planning and Zoning Public Meeting
- The Salida Planning and Zoning Commission hosted a public meeting on September 13 to discuss affordable housing in Salida. Click here for coverage about this meeting from The Mountain Mail.
Meet and Greet at Soulcraft Brewing
- Ark Valley Indivisible hosted a public meet and greet at Soulcraft Brewing on September 19. Click here for coverage from The Mountain Mail.